More details continue to emerge regarding the releases today of NXT 2.0 by WWE including info on non-compete clauses.
As reports surfaced this afternoon that talent including on-screen personalities and a referee were being released from NXT 2.0, initial reports included the names of the 10 roster members who have lost their jobs.
Now more details are emerging as Fightful Select reports that John Laurinitis was the one to make the cuts and that fellow talent were notified of their peers’ explusions via email, reading:
“Due to budgetary cuts, and with immediate effect as of today, 4/29/2022, we have come to the terms to release the following”
Announced as having been released are Dakota Kai, Malcolm Bivens, Blair Baldwin (referee), Harland, Persia Pirotta, Sanjana George/Vish Kanya, Draco Anthony, Raelyn Divine, Mila Malani and Dexter Lumis.
According to the same report from Fightful, those released today are subject to thirty day non-compete clauses.
This varies slightly from the customary main roster non-compete of ninety days that held others such as Keith Lee and Toni Storm from appearing for All Elite Wrestling sooner after making their WWE exit.
While the wrestling world continues to react, stay up to date with all the developing news here on WrestleTalk.com
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- WWE Unhappy With One Royal Rumble Performance
- Backstage Reaction To Royal Rumble Ending Featuring Bloodline & Sami Zayn
- Royal Rumble Winner Cody Rhodes Kicks Off WWE Raw With Challenge
- WWE Star Injured At WrestleMania 38 Returns On Raw