An interesting update on former WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Trinity Fatu (Naomi), ahead of the star’s return to the ring.
Despite walking out on WWE in May 2022 at the same time as former IWGP Women’s Champion Mercedes Mone, Trinity Fatu has yet to make her in-ring comeback.
Following Fatu stating that she’s no longer with WWE, there has been a lot of speculation surrounding her next move.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Fatu was backstage at the GCW Scene of the Crime show that took place on Saturday (April 22) in Orlando.
Fightful noted that they received no clarification on whether Fatu was just visiting, or if there was any more to her presence.
Fatu had previously attended several NJPW and STARDOM shows that Mercedes Mone had been a part of.
Following reports that bringing Fatu in would be too costly for the Bushiroad companies, the popular star addressed this, noting that these reports are not true.
There are a lot of eyes on Fatu at the moment, with the former WWE name recently sharing training footage on social media.
A big update has emerged on Fatu’s potential new ring name, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing