An update has emerged on the rumored new ring name for former WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Trinity Fatu (Naomi).
As previously reported, Fatu filed an application to trademark the term ‘Trinity Starr’ in March, ahead of her return to the ring.
With Fatu previously noting that she’s no longer with WWE, fans had speculated that the popular star could show up in another promotion using Trinity Starr as a ring name.
Per the USPTO report, this trademark has now been abandoned. A new status update has been added for the filing for April 14.
The update reads:
Status: Abandoned because the applicant filed an express abandonment.
It is unclear why Fatu chose to abandon this filing. As of writing, Trinity Fatu hasn’t got any more trademark filings with the USPTO under her name.
Fatu hasn’t appeared for WWE since walking out on a Raw taping in May 2022 with the former ‘Sasha Banks’ who now wrestles for NJPW and STARDOM as Mercedes Mone.
Following reports that Fatu costs too much for Bushiroad, Fatu has now addressed these rumors about her status.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other