Immediately following WrestleMania 36, new Universal Champion Braun Strowman entered a feud with Bray Wyatt. The pair went one-on-one at Money in the Bank, with Strowman retaining his title.
After defeating John Morrison and The Miz at Backlash, it seems like Braun will be feuding with this former stablemate once again, as Wyatt returned to TV this week on SmackDown to confront Strowman.
For the feud, it seems like Wyatt won’t be appearing as The Fiend or even The Firely Fun House version of his character, but the old Eater of Worlds gimmick he wrestled under for several years before being repackaged in April 2019.
Ringside News is reporting that the current plan for Extreme Rules sees Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman going one-on-one, with the site adding that the match is expected to feature some cinematic elements.
Ringside News has learned that WWE is planning a big cinematic match at Extreme Rules. This will also include a lot of “shock moments.” This falls in line with WWE’s new way of doing things during the new normal.
It was noted that the cinematic match will include plenty of shocking moments. WWE has big plans for Wyatt that are still evolving on television over a year after The Fiend’s debut.
Our source in the company stated that WWE is doing the “shock moments because that’s what the new plan is.” It was further noted that “things will happen just so things happen.” That might be the reason, but it will likely still get fans excited.
Speaking of things potentially planned for Extreme Rules, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T said on his podcast that he thinks former World Heavyweight Champion Christian will wrestle once again at Extreme Rules next month.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee