The next title defense for IYO SKY to put her WWE Women’s Championship on the line was confirmed on tonight’s SmackDown (September 8).
During the opening match tonight, Asuka crept up behind Damage CTRL, causing enough distraction that it ultimately cost them their match against Shotzi and Charlotte Flair.
With Asuka and IYO SKY then coming face-to-face in the ring, it was clear that Asuka wanted a match against IYO SKY for the WWE Women’s Championship.
After backstage segments featuring both women agreeing to the match, by the end of the show the bout was officially confirmed.
In two weeks on WWE SmackDown (September 22) the WWE Women’s Championship will be on the line as IYO SKY defends her title against Asuka.
Elsewhere on tonight’s WWE SmackDown, John Cena’s plans for next week’s show were revealed.
Also, a potential future tease of a huge champion vs. champion showdown. You can click here to read more about that.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy