Ahead of the Royal Rumble, WWE President Nick Khan has given a new interview about his time in the company and the major changes he has made.
In speaking to Sports Business Journal, Khan detailed Vince McMahon’s vision for bringing WWE to “the adult table,” in media, saying:
“Vince believed that WWE was at a place where it had earned a seat at the adult table, but others in the company didn’t see it that way.
“For the company to be treated the way that Vince, Stephanie, [WWE executive] Kevin Dunn and myself and others believed it should be treated in the community, you needed executives who reflected that, who had range, who could get people on the phone and who could be taken seriously by their peers.”
With all of the changes being made in leadership at the company, the article broaches the subject of WWE preparing itself for an impending sale which Khan denies, with the Sports Business Journal noting:
“Khan said the company has taken some inbound calls from companies looking to buy. But he stressed that WWE is not in active conversations trying to sell the company and is not actively looking to sell.”
Recently another WWE executive, Bruce Prichard mentioned believing Vince McMahon would continue to run WWE for probably another twenty-five to thirty years.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’