Despite the controversy surrounding the show, NBC has announced an airdate for America’s Got Talent: Extreme featuring WWE star Nikki Bella as one of the judges.
While the show was announced in October 2021, production was paused when one contestant was involved in a horrific accident with no air date announced until this week which saw NBC announce the premiere for late February.
Escape artist Jonathan Goodwin was seriously injured while rehearsing a stunt that saw him attempting to escape from a straightjacket and fall onto an air mattress while suspended 70 feet in the air while avoiding two swinging cars, suspended on either side of him.
The stunt went horribly wrong however when Goodwin was reportedly crushed between the two cars which caused them to explode and him to fall to the ground, missing the air mattress and hitting his head. While many on set believed him to be dead at first, Goodwin survived and has since posted about his road to recovery on social media.
AGT: Extreme features judges Nikki Bella, motocross and rally car driver Travis Pastrana and series creator Simon Cowell with Terry Crews as the host. AGT: Extreme will premiere on February 21, 2022 on NBC.
The Bella Twins were recently announced as entrants for the women’s Royal Rumble match alongside other returning WWE stars Lita, Summer Rae, Michelle McCool and Mickie James.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Roman Reigns Vs. Sami Zayn Date Announced
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Provides Update After Surgery
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents