New Japan Pro-Wrestling star Jeff Cobb has responded to questions about whether or not he will be taking part in the upcoming Royal Rumble.
Cobb – who has never competed in a WWE ring, though was allegedly offered a contract in 2021 – is a member of NJPW tag team United Empire and a former two-time IWGP Tag Team Champion.
Speaking with Steve Fall for WrestlingNewsCo, Cobb discussed whether or not he believed he would be able to compete in the event, to held in San Antonio, Texas this coming Saturday, January 28:
“You never say never. But it all depends on if the stars lined up and all that stuff. Again, if they wanted me for some odd reason, then they’d have to go through the right avenues. I don’t think they could contact me directly because I don’t think that’s legal.
“I don’t know how those things work. But yeah, if for some odd reason, they were like, ‘Hey, we wanna put Jeff in the Royal Rumble,’ I’m not good at Royal Rumbles.
“I don’t want to run down to the ring either, so [laughs]. But yeah, if the stars aligned, I’d be totally down to do it.”
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Backstage Reaction To Royal Rumble Ending Featuring Bloodline & Sami Zayn
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble