NJPW star and current IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion KENTA has called out CM Punk for a dream match.
KENTA won the US Title from Hiroshi Tanahashi at Power Struggle this past weekend, and called out Punk during his post-match interview.
“After three years, I finally prove who the f**k I am, baby. I’m the United States Champion. It doesn’t matter if it’s going to happen or not, but I just want to entertain you guys. I want to give you guys a home. Hey, CM Punk! I’m ready to put you to sleep.”
KENTA already had a very brief run in AEW earlier this year, including a win in an unsanctioned tag team match alongside Kenny Omega against Jon Moxley and Lance Archer in February.
The obvious thing to point out is that both men use the Go-To-Sleep as their finishing move, so a lot of people have called for this as a dream match as a result of that.
Quote via WhatCulture
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- More WWE Stars Released
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023