A current WWE NXT star has revealed they were waiting to be called up to the main roster during the WWE Draft in early October, but it didn’t happen.
Former NXT Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley was the latest guest on Lilian Garcia’s Chasing Glory podcast, during which she spoke about whether she wanted to be called up.
“I was waiting for it and then it didn’t happen. I would like to go to Raw or SmackDown, but at the same time, there are so many people in NXT that I haven’t faced yet and I feel like there is so much more that I can still do. I would love to wrestle Candice [LeRae], especially now that her whole persona has changed. I would love to wrestle Indi Hartwell, Shotzi [Blackheart], I want to wrestle Raquel [Gonzalez] again. I would love to do a stipulation match with her.”
The Aussie is on Shotzi Blackheart’s team for the upcoming WarGames match at TakeOver on December 6. Blackheart, Ripley, Ember Moon and another teammate still to be named will take on Candice LeRae, Dakotai Kai, Raquel Gonzalez and Toni Storm.
Despite only being 24, it’s very clear that Ripley stands out as possibly the biggest star in all of NXT, so rumours about her being called up to Raw or SmackDown are always going to exist until it happens.
Quote via Fightful
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite