The original plans that WWE had for former NXT Cruiserweight Champion Angel Garza in the men’s Royal Rumble match have now been revealed, courtesy of Dave Meltzer.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that the original plans the company had would have seen Angel Garza immediately thrown out of the Rumble after tearing off his pants:
Another late change was Otis replacing Angel Garza. Otis had been advertised. Garza was there and was supposed to come in, do a comedy spot tearing off his pants, and then get eliminated right away. At the last minute, Otis was put back in, in the spot Garza was in.
At the time of writing, there is no word on why WWE made the decision to have Angel Garza removed from the Royal Rumble match and replaced by Otis. For any potential additional information on the matter, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
For what it’s worth, Angel Garza was also not featured on the following day’s episode of Monday Night Raw on the USA Network in any capacity.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned