Recent AEW signing Konosuke Takeshita has responded to criticism from WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair via his social media account.
Takeshita signed a contract with the company in November 2022, after a number of well-received matches that saw him very quickly become a fan favourite.
Recently, the Japanese star faced Daniel Bryan on the January 11 edition of AEW Dynamite in what was generally considered to be a hard-hitting encounter.
However, it appears that not everybody agreed.
A fan tweeted a video of Flair talking on his To Be A Man podcast, in which he says that he believes Takeshita’s chops in the encounter were weak (the same fan followed with a video of said chops, demonstrating that they were, in fact, quite forceful).
Takeshita responded to the dig gracefully, saying:
“I have the utmost respect for Ric Flair. It is incredible to me that he mentioned me. I need to practice a lot as I haven’t done much chopping in Japan. Thanks for the advice. I would like you to actually teach me if possible. Watch my chops grow from now on.”
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Backstage Reaction To Royal Rumble Ending Featuring Bloodline & Sami Zayn
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble