Late in 2019, Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura replaced the iconic white strap Intercontinental Championship with a newly designed belt with a black strap.
While there was nothing wrong with the new championship, many fans were disappointed that WWE decided that it was the Intercontinental Championship, one of the best looking titles, that needed to change.
Many fans thought that the United States Championship needed a re-design, with the title looking more like a children’s toy than something professional wrestlers would be fighting over.
It was reported a few weeks ago that WWE was actually in the process of re-designing the US Championship and another of their titles. You can read more about that by clicking here.
There was initially no word on when the titles were going to be debuted, but reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that we are going to see the new title tonight on Monday Night Raw.
The tweet goes on to state that Apollo Crews’ new championship has a “clean yet prestigious look to it”.
The long awaited debut of the new United States Championship Title will take place tonight on RAW. Source said the belt has a clean, yet prestigious look to it.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) July 6, 2020
Make sure you check back to WrestleTalk.com as we are going to have our usual live coverage of the show.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan