Late in 2019, Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura replaced the iconic white strap Intercontinental Championship with a newly designed belt with a black strap.
While there was nothing wrong with the new championship, many fans were disappointed that WWE decided that it was the Intercontinental Championship, one of the best looking titles, that needed to change.
Many fans thought that the United States Championship needed a re-design, with the title looking more like a children’s toy than something professional wrestlers would be fighting over.
It was reported a few weeks ago that WWE was actually in the process of re-designing the US Championship and another of their titles. You can read more about that by clicking here.
There was initially no word on when the titles were going to be debuted, but reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that we are going to see the new title tonight on Monday Night Raw.
The tweet goes on to state that Apollo Crews’ new championship has a “clean yet prestigious look to it”.
The long awaited debut of the new United States Championship Title will take place tonight on RAW. Source said the belt has a clean, yet prestigious look to it.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) July 6, 2020
Make sure you check back to WrestleTalk.com as we are going to have our usual live coverage of the show.
- Major WWE Target To Become Free Agent In January 2024
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- WWE Creative Plans Changed For Two Stars Due To ‘Tremendous Support’ Backstage
- Braun Strowman WWE Status Update After Serious Neck Surgery
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return After Reported Concussion
- Absent WWE Star Has First Match In Several Months
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Big Update On WWE 2K24 Release Plans
- Video Footage Of Fan Jumping Barricade To Confront WWE Star At Untelevised Event
- WWE Star Reacts To Fan Jumping Barricade At Live Event