The real reason why plans for Drew McIntyre’s special entrance at WrestleMania 38 were scrapped has been revealed.
During WrestleMania 38 Saturday, McIntyre defeated Happy Corbin in singles action.
Following the show, Mark J Wilson of the group ‘Kilted Warriors’, and Metal performer Sean Stark stated that they were originally set to be featured in McIntyre’s walkout.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), everyone originally brought in for McIntyre’s entrance got paid and given an all access WrestleMania pass.
Fightful was told that McIntyre didn’t feel the additions enhanced his entrance, and wanted to connect with the crowd on the night.
Corbin’s loss to McIntyre marked his first singles defeat in 2022.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for the year using our tracker, at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’