As we are all aware, Kurt Angle is currently scheduled to go one on one with Baron Corbin at WrestleMania in his last ever match for WWE.
While the prospect of this match isn’t particularly enticing, at least they’re giving us a few much nicer matches as part of his “farewell tour”.
Kurt faced Samoa Joe last night on Raw and will take on former WWE Champion AJ Styles on SmackDown Live tonight. It has now also been revealed that he’ll face Rey Mysterio on next week’s Raw. What brand split?
The reason for all of these matches? Well, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Kurt had handpicked several stars from his career who he wanted to face again before hanging up his singlet.
Ironically, Meltzer is reporting the only match Kurt had no input in is his match with Corbin at WrestleMania, despite what Angle might say on social media or Raw.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut