A recently released WWE star has teased the possibility of ending up in IMPACT Wrestling once they are able to.
Speaking to Chris Van Vliet, former WWE star Buddy Murphy was asked what was next for his pro wrestling career now he has left WWE. Murphy teased that he could do good things in IMPACT, citing his friendship with Sami Callihan.
“I’m excited for the possibility. I think I could do some great stuff in IMPACT, I’ve got friends there like Sami Callihan. I’m pretty sure I wrestled like nine dark matches on NXT with Sami Callihan in a row. It’s exciting but it’s an unknown. I have just under two months left, so we’ll see what comes.”
Buddy Murphy was released from WWE on June 2, and he has since revealed that his time in the promotion affected his passion for wrestling.
IMPACT Wrestling hosts its Slammiversary show this Saturday, July 17, and have already teased major surprises for the show.
Murphy revealed that he is still under a 90-day non-compete clause, after WWE called him in a panic following a lapse in Malakai (Aleister) Black’s contract.
Quote via Ringside News
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?