Over the weekend, WWE announced that two of the most dominant NXT Women’s Champions in history would be going head-to-head when Raw newcomer Shayna Baszler went one-on-one with Asuka on Monday Night Raw.
However, hours before the show, WWE announced that Asuka had been pulled from the match due to a sprained wrist. She was subsequently replaced in the match by her tag team partner Kairi Sane.
Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT is reporting on Twitter that he has been told that Asuka is “fine” and not actually injured. He goes on to add that she was pulled from the match for a “storyline deal”.
I’m hearing Asuka is fine and this injury is a storyline deal.
Maybe they realised that match was worth saving? Either way, I’m pumped for a stacked #RAW!
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) March 2, 2020
This may actually be good news. Some people online criticised WWE for rushing the booking of a Shayna Baszler and Asuka match, with fans thinking the two women deserved more time to build a proper story.
Perhaps WWE has realised this and is going to build a proper feud between Shayna Baszler and Asuka moving forward. Perhaps with Baszler expected to win the Raw Women’s title at WrestleMania, Asuka will be her first challenger.
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?