On Friday night, Smackdown will be moving to FOX network after several years on the USA Network.
However, the USA Network will retain the rights for WWE’s flagship show, Monday Night Raw, and has recently just started showing NXT.
Dave Meltzer is reporting on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that FOX is set to become far more ‘hands-on’ with Smackdown compared to how the USA Network is with Raw:
“Fox is a lot more hands-on than USA and I don’t know if people know that. You know before USA kinda let Vince do whatever. The Fox people are very much studying pro wrestling. They’re very much into pro wrestling.”
FOX’s influence on Smackdown can reportedly already be seen. Meltzer is noting that the network requested Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Renee Young to be the announce team on Smackdown.
As always, WrestleTalk.com will provide live coverage of Friday night’s big show.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings