It has been reported that there is a lot of concern within WWE following a shift in NXT developmental hiring and firing practices.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), there’s been a notable shift in development of NXT talent. The report noted that following the firing of Canyon Ceman, there were a lot of concerns raised as to the direction that NXT was headed.
Several names passed on from recent WWE tryouts were reportedly seen as “slam dunks” by people within NXT, and certain talent viewed the fact they weren’t signed as “red flags”.
The report pointed out that there were concerns with a WWE rehiring earlier this year, especially among female talent, when John Laurinaitis was named the new Head of Talent Relations in March.
Former NXT talent Asher Hale has opened up about his recent release, discussing the “shift” within the company he had witnessed first-hand.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Here’s Everyone Chris Jericho Could Face For The ROH Title