It has been reported that there is a lot of concern within WWE following a shift in NXT developmental hiring and firing practices.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), there’s been a notable shift in development of NXT talent. The report noted that following the firing of Canyon Ceman, there were a lot of concerns raised as to the direction that NXT was headed.
Several names passed on from recent WWE tryouts were reportedly seen as “slam dunks” by people within NXT, and certain talent viewed the fact they weren’t signed as “red flags”.
The report pointed out that there were concerns with a WWE rehiring earlier this year, especially among female talent, when John Laurinaitis was named the new Head of Talent Relations in March.
Former NXT talent Asher Hale has opened up about his recent release, discussing the “shift” within the company he had witnessed first-hand.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’