Last night on Monday Night Raw, AJ Styles made his return to WWE TV for the first time since WrestleMania 36 last month. On night one of the “show of shows”, AJ Styles was defeated in the first-ever Boneyard Match by The Undertaker.
After being buried alive, Styles wasn’t seen on TV for about a month, but reports have emerged suggesting WWE higher-ups wanted to keep him off of TV for even longer after the WrestleMania match.
Dave Meltzer has since revealed that WWE wanted to keep Styles off of TV for longer, but decided to bring the former WWE Champion back to Raw to help with the falling ratings. This means that Styles almost certainly never going to be in the Money in the Bank ladder match, and his spot would likely have gone to Apollo Crews.
AJ Styles is not the only former WWE Champion that WWE wants to reintroduce on TV to help with the declining ratings. On this week’s show, WWE announced that Randy Orton and Edge will both return on the post-Money in the Bank episode of Raw.
Some have speculated that AJ Styles would be a good fit to win Money in the Bank this weekend, leading to a mouth-watering feud with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. However, if he was never supposed to be in the match, perhaps WWE has other ideas for who should win this briefcase this year.
Who do you think will win Money in the Bank this year? Let us know on Twitter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H