The 2022 Warrior Award recipient has reportedly been revealed, ahead of this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
Since 2015, WWE has presented the Warrior Award to individuals who have ‘exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who live life with the courage and compassion’.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE sources have confirmed to him that Shad Gaspard will be honored as this year’s recipient.
Gaspard tragically passed away in May 2020, after being caught among a group of swimmers in a strong rip current at Venice Beach, and instructing lifeguards to save his son before coming to his aid.
Following Titus O’Neil receiving 2020 award, and long-time WWE employee Rich Hering earning the 2021 award, both at the 2021 Hall of Fame ceremony, many fans and wrestlers alike expressed a despite to see Gaspard earn the award.
WWE has yet to officially announce a 2022 Warrior Award recipient.
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony airs after SmackDown on April 1, the day before the first night of WrestleMania 38.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups