The 2022 Warrior Award recipient has reportedly been revealed, ahead of this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
Since 2015, WWE has presented the Warrior Award to individuals who have ‘exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who live life with the courage and compassion’.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE sources have confirmed to him that Shad Gaspard will be honored as this year’s recipient.
Gaspard tragically passed away in May 2020, after being caught among a group of swimmers in a strong rip current at Venice Beach, and instructing lifeguards to save his son before coming to his aid.
Following Titus O’Neil receiving 2020 award, and long-time WWE employee Rich Hering earning the 2021 award, both at the 2021 Hall of Fame ceremony, many fans and wrestlers alike expressed a despite to see Gaspard earn the award.
WWE has yet to officially announce a 2022 Warrior Award recipient.
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony airs after SmackDown on April 1, the day before the first night of WrestleMania 38.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard