In an exclusive interview with WrestleTalk, Ricky Starks discussed the rising popularity of fellow Team Taz member – Taz’s son Hook.
For almost a year now, Hook has been a part of Team Taz, but he still hasn’t wrestled a match or really done anything of notes besides a couple of interferences in matches.
Despite this, his mysterious nature has actually led to him becoming a bit of a cult hero among fans, and his supporters have even named themselves ‘Hookers’, and celebrate as if he’s won the World Championship every time he’s on TV.
During his appearance on the WrestleTalk Podcast, Ricky Starks gave his thoughts on Hook and his popularity, saying:
“I think it’s pretty cool for the fact that Hook hasn’t really said much of anything and he hasn’t wrestled at all. It’s such a crazy thing to think about because he hasn’t done anything, and yet he has this groundswell for him. But that only helps to add the mystique of Hook. What is he about? How does he sound? How does he wrestle? I like his mysterious, cool, James Dean type feel he has going on.”
If you use this exclusive quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
In the same interview, Starks said he has replaced Mark Henry permanently on the Rampage commentary, and he also clarified why he refers to himself as an “AEW homegrown” talent.
Stay tuned to our exclusives page because we’ll be covering some more quotes coming out of our interview with Ricky Starks throughout the coming days.
You can watch the full interview here:
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon