Ricochet has commented on missing WrestleMania 38 despite being Intercontinental Champion, believing that the title cannot miss another Premium Live Event.
Following the announcement that Ricochet would instead be defending the gold on the SmackDown before WrestleMania, it was pointed out that the Intercontinental Championship has went a full calendar year without being defended on a WWE Premium Live Event.
The title’s last pay-per-view outing was when Apollo Crews defeated Big E for the gold in a Nigerian Drum match at WrestleMania 37.
Speaking on WWE The Bump, Ricochet noted that he plans to defend the title at WrestleMania Backlash and Money in the Bank, saying:
“WrestleMania is always an electricity, it’s the Showcase of the Immortals, it’s something you do want to be on. WrestleMania is the top of the mountain. If I wasn’t going to be on it, I was so glad I was able to spend time with my son and recharge my physical and mental battery and the family battery. I’m glad I was able to do that. As much as WrestleMania is an event, it’s a feeling, it’s an emotion.
“That’s my goal for next year, to make sure that (the Intercontinental Championship) and myself, collectively, together, make it to WrestleMania and make it on WrestleMania and that this title, I want to make it as famous as possible to where it can’t miss another one.
“This title can’t miss another premium live event. It’s not going to miss Backlash, it’s not going to miss Money in the Bank. WrestleMania is the showcase of the immortals and Ricochet plans on being immortal,”
Ricochet is set to defend the gold against Jinder Mahal on Friday’s episode of SmackDown.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- WWE Announces New Commentary Teams For Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- WWE Raw Name Gone From WWE
- Tony Khan Spoke To WWE Management After Infamous Promo
- The Acclaimed Celebrates National Scissoring Day On AEW Dynamite
- Former WWE Tough Enough Winner Sara Lee Passes Away
- Spoiler On Return Set For WWE SmackDown
- Spoiler On Suspended AEW Star’s Return