At the WWE Payback pay-per-view on August 30, 2020, Roman Reigns competed in his first match back after returning at SummerSlam a week prior, defeating then-Universal Champion ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt, as well as Braun Strowman, in a Triple Threat match to become Universal Champion for the second time.
Reigns has gone on to embark on a historic championship run, besting the likes of Jey Uso, Kevin Owens, Edge, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and most recently John Cena.
Today is August 30, 2021, which means your Tribal Chief, and mine, has been the Head of the Table on SmackDown for an entire calendar year.
Reigns took to Twitter to celebrate this milestone, simply saying:
365 days as Your Universal Heavyweight Champion… #CelebrateMe
Finn Balor hopes to be the man to topple the reign of the Tribal Chief, when he faces him for the belt this Friday (September 3).
Another former Universal Champion, Kevin Owens, also celebrated an anniversary of his championship win last night.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines