At the WWE Payback pay-per-view on August 30, 2020, Roman Reigns competed in his first match back after returning at SummerSlam a week prior, defeating then-Universal Champion ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt, as well as Braun Strowman, in a Triple Threat match to become Universal Champion for the second time.
Reigns has gone on to embark on a historic championship run, besting the likes of Jey Uso, Kevin Owens, Edge, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and most recently John Cena.
Today is August 30, 2021, which means your Tribal Chief, and mine, has been the Head of the Table on SmackDown for an entire calendar year.
Reigns took to Twitter to celebrate this milestone, simply saying:
365 days as Your Universal Heavyweight Champion… #CelebrateMe
Finn Balor hopes to be the man to topple the reign of the Tribal Chief, when he faces him for the belt this Friday (September 3).
Another former Universal Champion, Kevin Owens, also celebrated an anniversary of his championship win last night.
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Major New Match Made For AEW WrestleDream 2023
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown