Ronda Rousey has commented on her loss to Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 38.
On WrestleMania 38, Flair pinned Rousey to retain her SmackDown Women’s Championship, marking Rousey’s first one-on-one defeat of her pro-wrestling career.
On a Facebook gaming livestream, Rousey argued that the questionable circumstances surrounding Flair’s victory doesn’t excuse the loss, noting:
“I’m all sore. I got screwed. I tapped out Charlotte and the ref didn’t see it. I was trying to wake up the ref, Charlotte tried to ambush me from behind. What a world. Charlotte cheated. I should have been ready for a cheater. There should be no amount of cheating that can beat me, that’s how good I have to be.”
Rousey vs Flair was produced by Pat Buck, who has confirmed that he has since left WWE.
The former UFC star has also addressed rumors that she was unhappy with her position on the WrestleMania 38 card, explaining why she didn’t attend Friday’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- Roman Reigns’ WWE Schedule For Summer 2023 Revealed
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child