Santos Escobar has broken his silence following his last match in NXT last night – a loss in a street fight against Tony D’Angelo.
The stipulation was that if Escobar won, he and Legado Del Fantasma would be free from the D’Angelo Family, but if D’Angelo won, which he did, Escobar would have to leave NXT.
It’s very much expected that this will lead to a main roster call-up for Escobar, but that doesn’t mean leaving NXT behind isn’t emotional.
Shortly after last night’s show, Escobar simply tweeted “Thank you @WWENXT 👊☠️🇲🇽❤️”, and was met with a flood of support.
Among those tweeting their praise were:
Wade Barrett: What a legend.. a #WWENXT all-time great. Thank you @EscobarWWE for giving us the bingo every week. I’m sad to watch you go, but there’s no doubt you’ll smash whatever comes next. 🥃 amigo! 🇲🇽 #NXTHeatwave
Natalya: Keep up the great work. So talented my friend- @EscobarWWE
Tyson Kidd: Santos is the real deal! Hell of a match tonight, loved the war the last few months. The future looks good
It remains to be seen which main roster brand Escobar will show up on and when, but one thing for sure is that he could be set to achieve some big things.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite