WWE’s World Heavyweight Champion Seth ‘Freakin’ Rollins has faced off against several rising WWE stars during his reign as the World Heavyweight Champion.
Rollins is currently involved in a feud with Shinsuke Nakamura on Raw, which has seen Ricochet get involved in recent weeks.
Ricochet was a guest on WWE’s The Bump, where he discussed his history with Rollins, discussing a match he and Seth had back in 2006 on the independent scene.
When discussing what a match with Rollins would look like in 2023, he said:
“Definitely a lot more hard-hitting than in 2006. Definitely a lot more strategic than in 2006. I think both of us have matured obviously a lot sense then, not only as men but as performers, as wrestlers. So I think, especially everything that he’s capable of doing, alongside everything that in capable of doing, and everything we’re willing to put our bodies through to get to where we need to go, it would be pretty wild, that’s for sure.”
Rollins was also a guest on the show, where he discussed potentially defending his title against Ricochet, and how he believes Ricochet has been ‘long overdue’ for a title match.
“Well, 17 years later, it looks like probably 50 more pounds of muscle between the two of us, at least, if not more. We were just two skinny kids back then. Yeah, it’s gonna look night and day compared to what it was two decades ago. Like you said, we’ve both grown so much as human beings and performers, everything’s gonna be different. You wouldn’t even be able to put the two matches up against each other.
“Here’s the thing, I would love to do it, though. We’ve gotta get it done at some point. I’d love to get it done one of these times while I still got the title on my shoulder. I think Ricochet has been long overdue for a World Heavyweight Championship match, so we gotta get it done. I’m gonna put in a word with Adam Pearce, see if we can’t get that thing done. Ricochet, he’s been working. I’d love to do it. I think the WWE Universe would be keen to it. I think it would be a great time. I know it would look a lot different, but I don’t know exactly what it would look like. So I would be very excited to see.”
Rollins was revealed as number one in the 2023 PWI 500 today. You can see the top 10 here.
transcription via Fightful
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE