WWE star Seth Rollins has commented on his in-ring future, addressing whether or not he thinks he has hit his prime in wrestling.
Rollins is currently the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, and shows no signs of slowing down after over ten years on the main roster.
Speaking on Logan Paul’s ImPaulsive podcast, Rollins noted that he feels like he’s now in his wrestling prime, with 20 years of in-ring experience under his belt.
Believing that he’ll be wrestling for six to ten more years, Rollins said:
“So I feel like I’m just starting my prime. I’ve been wrestling since I was roughly 16/17 years old, so 20 years now.
“So, in our industry, and there are some exceptions, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, he’s kind of an exception obviously because he was sort of a part of the business his entire life because his family was in it, but his real run was only like four years, it was tiny.
“For the most part, historically, you need years and years of experience, thousands of matches, you’ve got to build equity with your audience, so I am at the point now where I’m 37, and so I’ve got probably like this maybe 6 to 10 year window, depending on my health, where I’m going to be in the sweet spot, where like my body can still go, but my brain is also finally caught up to where I am physically.
“So like, mentally and physically I haven’t deteriorated I’m like, in that perfect zone where I’m not quite what I was when I was your (Logan Paul) age athletically, but I’m still pushing it, and mentally I’m just, I can read the room when we go out there, it’s like cake for me.
“So I’m in that zone for like 6 to 10 years depending on how my body holds up, and then who knows. Then I’ll turn into the Undertaker and turn up once a year for WrestleMania.
“But yeah, I’m feeling really good right now, I’m in a sweet spot.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Rollins also shared his honest thoughts on a former rival, calling him one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
You can read more about this right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Star Thanks The Wyatt Family For Inspiring Them To Get Into Wrestling