Former WWE Tag Team champion René Duprée has lambasted Shane McMahon for his wrestling style, and overall approach towards wrestling.
Duprée is a two-time champion in WWE, winning the World Tag Team Championship with Sylvain Grenier in 2003, and the WWE Tag Team Championship with Kenzo Suzuki in 2004.
In winning the title with Grenier, Duprée became the youngest person ever to win a championship in WWE at 19 years old.
Speaking on his YouTube channel Cafe de Rene, Duprée laid in to Vince McMahon’s baby boy:
“He doesn’t know how to wrestle. He just knows how to do stunts, and doing all those crazy stunts, it actually hurts the business because you’re hot-shotting it, right?
“So for him diving off the cage, yeah, he gets the pop, but that makes our job even harder to get a reaction.
“And he wrestles, what? Once a year on pay-per-view, right? I don’t think he is even around anymore, right?”
Duprée also speculated that McMahon’s demeanour may have been attributable to a medical condition:
“I mean, he was always nice, but I think he definitely suffers from… I think he has actually admitted that he has some type of mental health problem. Yeah, like, I don’t know if it’s like ADHD or something.”
McMahon has previously spoken about being diagnosed with ADHD on Stone Cold Steve Austin’s podcast.
Transcription courtesy of Sportskeeda.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Possibility Of Sasha Banks Joining The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Return To The Ring In NXT?
- AEW Star Gets Name Change
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Get Ucey This Holiday With A Sami Zayn Tee For A Great Cause
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Star Teases Incorporating Legend Into New Character
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Big Clue Sasha Banks Is Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed