Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that spots from the Jey Uso and Daniel Bryan match on SmackDown this week were actually refilmed, with Bryan being asked to sell the attack from his opponent more.
The Christmas Day show was actually taped on Tuesday 22nd to allow Superstars to have Christmas Day off, so WWE had the luxury of being able to refilm things that they wouldn’t normally during a live show.
A portion of the Jey Uso vs. Daniel Bryan match was re-shot this past Tuesday at the tapings for the Christmas Smackdown. Bryan was instructed to sell the attack of Uso more, and the Thunderdome audience was put on a commercial for several minutes while the spot was re-shot. The edited version aired on Friday.
There was also a minor spot edited where Sasha Banks literally dropped her title belt on the ramp.
Last night’s SmackDown brought in a fantastic viewership figure, meaning it will almost certainly go down as the most-watched wrestling show of the year. You can find out more about that by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on the above story and SmackDown this week? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match