As per Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is set to be in St Louis, Missouri, ahead of Saturday’s Royal Rumble event.
Angle is part of Conrad Thompson’s AdsFreeShows podcast network, which is running live shows in the city. Fightful has noted that Angle’s presence isn’t related to these shows, however, and that there have reportedly been talks backstage about the former WWE Champion returning to WWE TV in one way or another.
The report didn’t provide any additional details on potential WWE plans for Angle, with the only confirmation being that WWE had planned on having Angle in St Louis, as of last weekend.
Angle hasn’t wrestled since his retirement match against Baron Corbin at WrestleMania 35 in 2019. The Olympic gold medallist briefly worked as a WWE backstage producer after hanging up his boots, before he was released by the company in 2020.
Angle has previously stated that, since his in-ring retirement, he has declined contract offers from IMPACT Wrestling and AEW.
Stay up to date with every Royal Rumble entrant using our tracker, at this link.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- WWE Hall Of Famer Pitches Idea For ‘Ironhorse Championship’
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign