As per Fightful Select (subscription required), WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle is set to be in St Louis, Missouri, ahead of Saturday’s Royal Rumble event.
Angle is part of Conrad Thompson’s AdsFreeShows podcast network, which is running live shows in the city. Fightful has noted that Angle’s presence isn’t related to these shows, however, and that there have reportedly been talks backstage about the former WWE Champion returning to WWE TV in one way or another.
The report didn’t provide any additional details on potential WWE plans for Angle, with the only confirmation being that WWE had planned on having Angle in St Louis, as of last weekend.
Angle hasn’t wrestled since his retirement match against Baron Corbin at WrestleMania 35 in 2019. The Olympic gold medallist briefly worked as a WWE backstage producer after hanging up his boots, before he was released by the company in 2020.
Angle has previously stated that, since his in-ring retirement, he has declined contract offers from IMPACT Wrestling and AEW.
Stay up to date with every Royal Rumble entrant using our tracker, at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return