WWE has announced SmackDown Tag Team Champions, The New Day will be wrestling on the 12/20 edition of WWE SmackDown. Just who will they be facing?
Kofi and Big E will be taking on some familiar opponents. Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro with Sami Zayn will be challenging The New Day. A win over the champions should earn them a future title shot.
— WWE (@WWE) December 19, 2019
If you are having a case of holiday deja vu, don’t be alarmed. These two teams faced off on the SmackDown right after Thanksgiving.
The New Day won that match with a Trouble in Paradise. Here’s the announcement from WWE:
Following a successful title defense at WWE TLC, The New Day will face Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro in a non-title match.
In the first edition of this matchup, the Intercontinental Champion & The Swiss Cyborg answered the champions’ post-Thanksgiving open challenge, but a well-timed Trouble in Paradise carried Kofi Kingston & Big E to the victory. Can Sami Zayn’s stable put The New Day on notice, or will the champions continue their dominance?
At this time, no other segments have been announced for the show. However, it would be safe to assume Roman Reigns and Baron Corbin could still be fighting from their encounter at TLC.
In local advertisements in the Greensboro, NC market, Reigns vs. Corbin is continuing through January. We could also see the return of The Fiend on the show.
Those same advertisements include Daniel Bryan vs. The Fiend. As always, WrestleTalk will have live coverage of WWE SmackDown.
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- CM Punk Gets Glowing Review From Former Boss