Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has reiterated that he’s unlikely to run for President of the United States in 2020.
The former WWE Champion turned movie star said last year that he was contemplating running for the highest office on the planet.
But when asked this week if he would run for President, The Rock laughed and said: “I don’t see that happening in 2020.”
The question was asked by a Variety Magazine reporter at a promotional event for Rock’s new film Skyscraper.
Last December, The Rock said he was “seriously considering” trying to become the Leader of the Free World in an interview with Ellen Degeneres.
But since then Johnson has taken a step back from the clamour for him to run, which was fuelled by him jokingly announcing the launch of his campaign during an appearance on Saturday Night Live in May 2017 (see story HERE).
In April 2018 he told Rolling Stone magazine HERE: “I mean, look, people are very excited, and it’s so flattering that they’re excited.
“I think it’s also a function of being very unsatisfied with our current President (Donald Trump). But this is a skill set that requires years and years of experience. On a local level, on a state level and then on a national level. I have the utmost respect for our country and that position, and I’m not delusioned in any way to think, ‘Oh, absolutely, if Trump can do it, I can do it, and I’ll see you in 20-whatever, get ready.’ Not at all.”
Johnson’s filming schedule, which has him booked up until 2020, would also preclude him from any Presidential attempt.
Do you think The Rock should run for President of the United States? Let us know! Comment below!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- WWE Stars Say The New Day Ruined Their Lives & Maybe Kofi Kingston’s Injury Was Karma
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- First Look At WWE SummerSlam 2023 Logo
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match