AEW Women’s World Champion Thunder Rosa has addressed how long she would like to wrestle after reaching the mountaintop of the company.
Rosa has been a professional wrestler for less than decade, but has made an impact in various promotions from Lucha Underground, NWA and now All Elite Wrestling.
Speaking with Blake Oestriecher of Forbes, the 35-year old star discussed what may be her potential cut off date for how long she would like to wrestle.
“I’m going to wrestle as long as possible, but I don’t think I want to be wrestling after I’m 45. I know some of my peers at that age and they’re still wrestling. I personally don’t want to because it’s very taxing on your body. I can wrestle to the caliber, to the level that I’ve been wrestling at, for another three to four years…But I also have to scale back and take care of my body.”
When asked how she is currently feeling, Rosa answered:
“My body feels 100 percent right now. I cannot tell you, for so long, I was in so much pain because I was wrestling so much. This schedule that we have, if you have a family, it’s really good because you get to spend more time with your family, unless you’re like me and you’re a workaholic and you’re always working.”
Thunder Rosa will be defending her AEW Women’s World Championship against Serena Deeb at Double Or Nothing on May 29.
On last night’s AEW Dynamite, Rosa confronted Deeb, but was taken down with a belt shot to the head with the title. For the full report of the show, click here.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records (for televised matches) using our tracker at this link.
Quotes via Fightful
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- OUT NOW – WrestleTalk’s ‘Wrestling Unmasked’: Ripping The Mask Off The Crime, Politics And Intrigue Beyond The Ring
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match