AEW President Tony Khan has provided some clarification on Keith Lee’s status for Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite: Fyter Fest.
Lee is scheduled to team with Swerve Strickland on the show in an AEW Tag Team Championship three-way bout.
Ahead of the contest, Lee revealed that he has recently received some bad news, dedicating the upcoming match to his brothers, and hinting that he might be taking some time away from the ring soon.
Lee didn’t specify what the news was, leading some to express concern for his health, following previous issues he had to deal with in WWE.
On Busted Open Radio, Khan clarified that Lee will be in action on Dynamite, noting that he is dealing with a family situation.
“I don’t want to get into Keith’s personal business. Keith is here, he is wrestling tonight. He had a family situation. It’s not my place to talk about it. Keith is here and here to wrestle, as I understand it. I can’t really comment on what is happening, but we’re going to support him through what is happening.”
Prior to his latest tweet, Lee had taken to Twitter on July 9 to write:
“Today… I request prayers for two of my brothers. Scary things are about and rough times have taken over. If you are struggling, I offer positive thoughts and this scream of frustration for you. None of us will tap out. Let us fight.”
We send our best wishes to Keith Lee and his family.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings