AEW President Tony Khan has hinted that a second Forbidden Door crossover event with NJPW will happen soon.
After establishing a working relationship, AEW and NJPW teamed up for the first ever Forbidden Door show in June 2022.
Speaking on the In The Kliq podcast, Khan indicated that there will be more of a ROH-NJPW overlap in the future.
Noting that he’s excited for a second Forbidden Door event, Khan said:
“We always build up this big event, AEW and NJPW coming together for Forbidden Door, I think Forbidden Door 1 was such a big success, we’re looking forward to doing it together again.
“They send a lot of their top stars to AEW and to ROH and I love working with them. It’s been a great relationship and there’s a lot of trust between the parties.”
There has been no confirmation NJPW President Takami Ohbari previously stated that, with the previous event taking place in the US, he wants the next Forbidden Door show to take place in Japan.
NJPW is currently preparing for a crossover show with IMPACT that will take place during WrestleMania 39 week, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches