It appears that Triple H has made a change to Gunther’s ring name.
The current Intercontinental Champion wrestled as ‘WALTER’ until January, when the star declared that his new ring name would be ‘Gunther’.
During a recent interview, Gunther noted that he was fine with the name change, but admitted that he was unaware that WWE wasn’t stylising his new name with capital letters.
WWE has now announced that Gunther’s Imperium faction will battle the Brawling Brutes in a Donnybrook match at Extreme Rules on October 8. In the WWE.com preview for the bout, Gunther’s name is now capitalised.
Many of the name changes that occurred earlier this year came after Vince McMahon issued a mandate about not wanting stars to use their real names on WWE TV. Triple H is now in charge of all things creative within WWE, as the company’s Chief Content Officer.
As of writing, GUNTHER’s WWE.com profile doesn’t have his name in all caps, but it is worth noting that we’ve previously learned of a few WWE name changes, including Seth Rollins’ ‘Freakin’ middle name, through WWE.com articles.
Check out the announced card for the Extreme Rules premium live event right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Popular AEW Star Received Vince McMahon’s Blessing To Use Current Name