It appears that Triple H has made a change to Gunther’s ring name.
The current Intercontinental Champion wrestled as ‘WALTER’ until January, when the star declared that his new ring name would be ‘Gunther’.
During a recent interview, Gunther noted that he was fine with the name change, but admitted that he was unaware that WWE wasn’t stylising his new name with capital letters.
WWE has now announced that Gunther’s Imperium faction will battle the Brawling Brutes in a Donnybrook match at Extreme Rules on October 8. In the WWE.com preview for the bout, Gunther’s name is now capitalised.
Many of the name changes that occurred earlier this year came after Vince McMahon issued a mandate about not wanting stars to use their real names on WWE TV. Triple H is now in charge of all things creative within WWE, as the company’s Chief Content Officer.
As of writing, GUNTHER’s WWE.com profile doesn’t have his name in all caps, but it is worth noting that we’ve previously learned of a few WWE name changes, including Seth Rollins’ ‘Freakin’ middle name, through WWE.com articles.
Check out the announced card for the Extreme Rules premium live event right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle