Triple H Posts Emotional Message Following Retirement Announcement

5 months ago by Andy Datson

Triple H Posts Emotional Message Following Retirement Announcement WWE

While not unexpected following the year he’s had, the news that Triple H would never have another wrestling match was a hammer blow to the hearts of wrestling fans.

The 14-time world champion made the announcement that he was retired from in-ring competition  in an interview with Stephen Smith on Friday (March 25).

There was of course an outpouring of love and support for The Game, whose last televised match was against Randy Orton at WWE Super ShowDown in 2019.

Following this wholesome barrage of affection, Triple H has posted an emotional thank you on Twitter for all the messages he has received since his announcement.

In the same interview, Triple H revealed there had been some plans for him to have a match at WrestleMania this year, but that these were scrapped following his series of health issues.

He said:

“I was already at a place in my career, as far as the in-ring goes, where I was comfortable being done and finished.

“If the right thing came along, I hadn’t really said much, but if the right thing came along and they wanted me to do it… I had a conversation with Vince McMahon about doing something at WrestleMania this year in Dallas.

“We had talked about and there were plans for. Obviously, when this happened, it shut all that down.”

To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!

Comments

Share this article with friends

Trending