While not unexpected following the year he’s had, the news that Triple H would never have another wrestling match was a hammer blow to the hearts of wrestling fans.
The 14-time world champion made the announcement that he was retired from in-ring competition in an interview with Stephen Smith on Friday (March 25).
There was of course an outpouring of love and support for The Game, whose last televised match was against Randy Orton at WWE Super ShowDown in 2019.
Following this wholesome barrage of affection, Triple H has posted an emotional thank you on Twitter for all the messages he has received since his announcement.
— Triple H (@TripleH) March 27, 2022
In the same interview, Triple H revealed there had been some plans for him to have a match at WrestleMania this year, but that these were scrapped following his series of health issues.
“I was already at a place in my career, as far as the in-ring goes, where I was comfortable being done and finished.
“If the right thing came along, I hadn’t really said much, but if the right thing came along and they wanted me to do it… I had a conversation with Vince McMahon about doing something at WrestleMania this year in Dallas.
“We had talked about and there were plans for. Obviously, when this happened, it shut all that down.”
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Kris Statlander Reveals She Requires Surgery For ‘Completely Torn ACL’
- Results For NXT Level Up August 12, 2022
- Report: Bray Wyatt ‘Likely Back’ In WWE Soon
- FTW & Tag Team Championships Will Be Defended On AEW Rampage August 19
- Finn Balor Says He Will Be In Cardiff For Clash At The Castle
- Kerry Morton Says Ric Flair Told Him He Was ‘His Number One Draft Pick’ In Professional Wrestling