We are very nearly at the end of 2019, but as wrestling fans know, a new year means that we’re just weeks away from everyone’s favourite 30-person battle royals. Yes, it’s the Royal Rumble.
Other than the men’s and women’s rumble matches, there is just the one match confirmed for the show, with Bray Wyatt defending his Universal Championship against Daniel Bryan, who earned his rematch by defeating Baron Corbin and The Miz on last week’s SmackDown.
As it’s one of WWE’s biggest shows of the year, you can expect plenty more matches to be added, and it seems that we now know what two of those are going to be.
If you’ve been watching SmackDown recently, you’ll know that SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley has been feuding with everyone’s favourite former marine, Lacey Evans. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the feud will culminate at the Royal Rumble for the belt.
Another match we’re likely going to see at the show is Shinsuke Nakamura defending his Intercontinental Championship against Braun Strowman. This match was originally set to take place at TLC, but an injury to Strowman forced WWE to postpone.
Strowman pinned Nakamura in a 6-man tag match this past week on SmackDown, and it is expected he will use this to get a shot at the champion at the Rumble.
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?