Although rumors have been swirling over the past few days about John Cena wrestling a returning Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania, according to Dave Meltzer in this week’s issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the proposed John Cena vs. Undertaker match is still going ahead:
“Cena vs. Undertaker is still the ‘Mania plan, or at least was at the time Cena did the interview [on Raw] and we’ve heard nothing different. Based on the crowd reaction, it has more anticipation than almost anything on the show. The only way that would change would be if Undertaker gets hurt in training or for some reason pulls out of the show.”
Meltzer confirmed that Mysterio currently does not have a deal in place with WWE, which was backed up by our own sources. The former WWE Champion does have meetings scheduled with Triple H to discuss a return to the company on a part-time basis, but an agreement is still some distance away from confirmed.
Contrary to reports, Mysterio was not backstage at SmackDown Live on Tuesday hammering out a deal, but rather visiting friends at a SmackDown house show close to his home in San Diego the night before. As Raw was taking place at the same time and Triple H, Stephanie and Vince McMahon were all in Anaheim for that show, no talks regarding a comeback took place.
- wwe wrestlemania
- Monday Night Raw
- rey mysterio
- Triple H
- SmackDown Live
- wwe smackdown
- Stephanie McMahon
- WWE SmackDown Live
- John Cena
- Vince McMahon
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- CM Punk WWE Brand Status Update
- WWE Legend Hospitalized Due To Illness
- AEW Star Set To Return To IMPACT Wrestling
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?