Joey Janela has been in the headlines a lot lately, including his flaming superkick spot in GCW that caught a ton of attention.
Janela set his boot on fire before hitting a superkick on Drew Parker during their match on the GCW Maniac event on May 21.
As previously mentioned, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T called the spot, “the stupidest thing he’s ever seen”. Apparently, The Bad Boy is doing alright after this though.
Speaking on The Business on the Business podcast, GCW owner Brett Lauderdale was asked about Janela’s condition. He said that Joey’s foot is doing fine.
“His foot is totally fine. Not so much as the most minimal burn left over somehow.”
“He’s good. He’s healthy. He’s in the best shape of his career. He’s focused, he’s having fun, and he’s motivated. So right now, Joey Janela is at his best in my opinion.”
Joey Janela recently urged AEW President Tony Khan to push his former tag team partner Sonny Kiss in a new interview.
Quotes via Ringside News
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence