AEW stars CM Punk and FTR paid tribute to a wrestling legend after Saturday’s (August 5) edition of Collision went off the air.
In the main event of the show, CM Punk faced off against Ricky Starks in a ‘Real AEW World Title’ match.
Punk ultimately won this bout, which was officiated by Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat.
After cameras stopped rolling, Punk, Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler paid tribute to another wrestling veteran, bringing Dennis Condrey of the Midnight Express to the ring.
Punk stated that without Ricky Steamboat, there would be no CM Punk and without Dennis Condrey there would be no FTR.
In a heartwarming moment which you can watch below, Condrey embraced Punk, before Harwood and Wheeler explained how much of an influence he had on their careers.
Condrey eventually took to the mic to state that FTR are the best team in the world, noting that they have kept the Midnight Express alive with their music.
He also gave a shout out to his wife, noting that she has done a hell of a job putting up with him for 35 years.
AEW has uploaded the entire 10 minute segment to YouTube, which you can watch below.
Both CM Punk and FTR’s matches for All In were seemingly revealed on Collision.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent