Here is the latest on the backstage confusion surrounding the Money in the Bank rules, ahead of this year’s Premium Live Event.
During WrestleMania Backlash, Cody Rhodes featured in a promo video for the July 2 event, stating that the annual ladder matches will give stars the opportunity to main-event WrestleMania.
This caused some confusion amongst fans, with some speculating that the Money in the Bank briefcases would have different rules this year.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the ‘WrestleMania’ line was a last minute edition from Vince McMahon:
“What we were told is that the promo for Rhodes to cut in the commercial was written by somebody in production and sent to Vince McMahon for final approval. Vince was the one who added the line about the winner getting a shot at Mania. Why he wrote it in nobody has any idea.”
A recent report has revealed Roman Reigns’ next three planned opponents, including his planned challenger for the WWE Money in the Bank Premium Live Event, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Full Match Order For WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Surprise Title Change At WWE Night Of Champions 2023