Von Wagner, formerly Cal Bloom, made his full NXT debut last night, and it sounds like there are some very big things ahead in his future.
Wagner competed in the NXT Championship four-way match last night, replacing Kyle O’Reilly against LA Knight, Pete Dunne and eventual winner Tommaso Ciampa.
WrestlingNews.co reported way back in April 2020 that WWE officials had seen big things ahead for Wagner, and the site has now followed up on that after last night.
According to WrestlingNews.co’s newest report, WWE is impressed with Wagner’s progression in the ring and he has a “good head on his shoulders”.
A source told the site: “Vince sees him as a future WrestleMania main eventer. That should tell you everything about his future here”.
The new philosophy of NXT is to develop talent that Vince sees as future main eventers, and it sounds like Von Wagner fits into that category.
After he worked a match on SmackDown in the Performance Center last year due to the depleted roster, it was said that he was referred to as a “young Edge” who could become a big star after some more time to develop.
He is the son of Beau Beverley (Wayne Bloom) of the Beverley Brothers tag team.
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- WWE Star Discussed As Roman Reigns WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Opponent Revealed
- Real Reason For Britt Baker AEW Absence Revealed