Von Wagner, formerly Cal Bloom, made his full NXT debut last night, and it sounds like there are some very big things ahead in his future.
Wagner competed in the NXT Championship four-way match last night, replacing Kyle O’Reilly against LA Knight, Pete Dunne and eventual winner Tommaso Ciampa.
WrestlingNews.co reported way back in April 2020 that WWE officials had seen big things ahead for Wagner, and the site has now followed up on that after last night.
According to WrestlingNews.co’s newest report, WWE is impressed with Wagner’s progression in the ring and he has a “good head on his shoulders”.
A source told the site: “Vince sees him as a future WrestleMania main eventer. That should tell you everything about his future here”.
The new philosophy of NXT is to develop talent that Vince sees as future main eventers, and it sounds like Von Wagner fits into that category.
After he worked a match on SmackDown in the Performance Center last year due to the depleted roster, it was said that he was referred to as a “young Edge” who could become a big star after some more time to develop.
He is the son of Beau Beverley (Wayne Bloom) of the Beverley Brothers tag team.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo