WWE has reported that NXT UK Champion WALTER has been declared unable to compete. This means he will not be defending his title in his scheduled rematch with Ilja Dragunov.
WWE reported the news on Twitter today after their NXT UK press event. They released the following statement:
“WWE medical staff has confirmed NXT UK Champion WALTER has suffered a severe injury to his left hand and has been deemed unfit to compete for his scheduled rematch with Ilja Dragunov.”
Their match was originally scheduled for next week’s episode of NXT UK. What this means for the NXT UK Championship remains to be seen.
WALTER has been champion since defeating Pete Dunne for the title at NXT Takeover New York in 2019.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed