Cody Rhodes cut his first promo back in WWE following his return to the company back on WrestleMania Saturday on tonight’s Raw after WrestleMania show.
Cody opened tonight’s show, where he was greeted by ‘welcome back’ chants. He spoke about the decision to return to WWE not being difficult, and that all doubt left when he made his entrance.
Cody then showed a picture of Dusty Rhodes on the titantron, holding the WWE Championship, and how it was on his parents’ mantle until Dusty’s last day.
Cody then explained how Dusty never won the title as he won the match by countout, and that Cody vowed to win it so that nobody could deny Dusty the title.
Cody says that dream passed… or did it. He can’t physically put it in Dusty’s hands, but he can put it around the waist of the American Nightmare.
Cody then said that he would win the title for the fans, his family and for Dusty Rhodes, before Seth Rollins interrupted him. Cody tossed the mic down and offered a handshake to Rollins, who accepted the handshake, mouthing ‘welcome home’.
YOU CAN DO IT! ?? ???@CodyRhodes has a dream to make reality in honor of The American Dream Dusty Rhodes.#WWERaw pic.twitter.com/IpXDhTlYDC
— WWE (@WWE) April 5, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers