Bronson Reed was released by WWE a week ago after having several ‘tryout’ matches ahead of a possible move to the main roster.
The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter has provided a bit of insight into how Vince McMahon viewed Reed’s matches and why he was released.
McMahon reportedly “decided against” calling up Reed to the main roster after watching him, and at that point, McMahon’s thought process was said to be a case of: “If he’s not going to be on the main roster, what’s the point of keeping him”, thus why he was let go.
Reed was one of 13 NXT names released last week, which Triple H and Shawn Michaels had no say in and didn’t even know were happening until John Laurinaitis started telling the talent.
Bronson Reed has wasted no time in calling out one of AEW’s top stars and there’s no doubt there’ll be a lot of interest in him once his 30-day non-compete is over considering his size, likeability and talent.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return