An independent wrestling star has opened up about their involvement in the development of the WWE 2k23 video game.
With previous news that Lady Frost and Trish Adora had been involved in the motion capture aspect of the game, another independent women’s wrestler has stepped forward to talk about their role.
Hyan has revealed that, among the many things she did for the game, she was also the motion capture model for WWE’s Roxanne Perez.
Speaking to Jeremy Lambert & Joel Pearl on In the Weeds, Hyan revealed:
“It was super cool. It’s so random. Wrestling and all of these things, sometimes these opportunities come out of the blue and when they come, you have to go all in and take it.
“That was the same situation where, I actually got a text message, and I thought it was a scam. That’s my natural reaction [laughs], ‘this isn’t real,’ to everything I get.
“I did end up talking to people and they were like, ‘No, this is legit.'”
Hyan would go on to speak about what it’s like doing motion capture and performing as other people, including Roxanne Perez, saying:
“You go to a studio, they hook you up, you have these nods all over you. There was a lot of COVID testing. You come in, masked up, millions tests during the day.
“We did stuff for MyRISE, entrances, little cut scenes in the game. It’s fun because you get to be a character that is not you.
“They’re like, ‘Go be Roxanne Perez.’ ‘Got it. Easy.’ It’s a lot of fun, especially when you’re there with some really talented girls and you can just chill and talk and get to know each other and when it’s your turn, you go and kill it.”
Hyan and Perez both trained at Booker T’s Reality of Wrestling and are still close to this day.
Hyan appeared has previously appeared for ROH, including in February for ROH on HonorClub #3 and during the ROH TV tapings in May 2023.
Transcript from Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away