A former WWE and AEW star shared the origin story for their infamous catchphrase that extended from one company to the other.
In an interview with the Whole Story podcast, Vickie Guerrero shared the origin story of her infamous “Excuse me!” catchphrase.
“‘Excuse me’ was a fluke, I was going live on ‘Raw’ and I was in a wheelchair kayfabing that I was injured and they changed my promo about five or six times and I went out there and Teddy Long was pushing me in the wheelchair and I wasn’t memorizing any of the promos.”
“He goes, ‘Yeah, you’re going to suck tonight, this is awful,’ He felt so bad for me.”
While she came out and tried her best, instead of having any of it memorized she just went with the moment.
As the fans shouted abuse at Guerrero, it was her off the cuff response of yelling, “Excuse me!” that ended up sticking and became her longstanding catchphrase.
Elsewhere in the interview, Guerrero noted that the one AEW star that she hasn’t dropped the catchphrase on but absolutely still would?
The current AEW World Champion, MJF.
You can keep up with all the latest AEW news by clicking this link.
Transcription via WrestlingInc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- First WWE Stars To Pin Roman Reigns Have Interesting Connections To The Tribal Chief