WWE opened up their Forbidden Door last week, when it was announced that SmackDown’s Shinsuke Nakamura would be heading to Pro Wrestling NOAH to face off against Japanese legend the Great Muta on January 1.
Following the announcement, ad the ew WWE regime taking effect back in July, many have wondered if WWE would begin to acknowledge other wrestling promotions aside from WWE on a more regular basis.
Michael Cole has name dropped various independent companies in recent weeks, including on tonight’s WWE Crown Jewel show, when Cole again mentioned IYO SKY and Asuka’s history in the Triple Tails faction.
Notably though, Cole mentioned the NEVER Openweight Championship, New Japan Pro Wrestling and Bullet Cub by name during the OC’s entrance against the Judgment Day.
The Judgment Day would end up winning the match, with Balor scoring the fall over AJ Styles.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw